We all get spam everyday and lot of them are blatant scams. Some of these are so amusing I think I am going to post them and I will point out the blatant errors that make them so unbelievable.
From: Miss Linda Robison Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2012 8:31 AM Subject: Your Payment Recommendation ($3.5MILLION USD) Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)Anti-Terrorist And Monitory Crime Division.Federal Bureau Of Investigation. J.Edgar.Hoover Building Washington Dc Customers Service Hours / Monday To Saturday Office Hours Monday to Saturday: Attention: Beneficiary, Carefully read this email and facilitate immediately for the proper endorsement and release of your fund to you. I am Mrs. Donna Story an Exchange Manager, Head of the World Bank Finance Group and Interpol London Branch, set up to fight against Scam, Financial Crimes and Fraudulent activities worldwide. This Group is responsible for investigating the legitimacy of unpaid contract, inheritance and lotto winning claims by companies and individuals and directs the paying authorities (Fiduciary Agents) worldwide to make immediate payment of verified claims to the beneficiaries without further delay. You are being legally contacted regarding the release of your long awaited fund. After a detailed review of your file, the World Bank Group has mandated that your fund should be release immediately today. This is to officially inform you that an ATM CARD worth (Three Million and Five Hundred United States Dollars) ($3.5MILLION USD) has been accredited in your favor. Your Personal Identification Number is 2911. Your payment would be sent to you via our preferred option and would be mailed to you via UPS. Because we have signed a contract with UPS which should expire in next three weeks you will only need to pay $220 instead of $420 saving you $200 So if you pay before the three weeks 2011 you save $285 Take note that anyone asking you for some kind of money above the usual fee is definitely a fraudsters and you will have to stop communication with every other person if you have been in contact with any. Also remember that all you will ever have to spend is $220.00 nothing more! Nothing less! And we guarantee the receipt of your fund to be successfully delivered to you within the next 24hrs after the receipt of payment has been confirmed.DO NOT SEND MONEY TO ANYONE UNTIL YOU READ THIS: The actual fees for shipping your ATM card is $420 but because UPS have temporarily discontinued the C.O.D which gives you the chance to pay when package is delivered for international shipping We had to sign contract with them for bulk shipping which makes the fees reduce from the actual fee of $420 to $220 nothing more and no hidden fees of any sort! To effect the release of your fund valued at $3.5Million us dollars you are advised to contact our correspondent in Africa the delivery officer Mr. Ben Martins with the information below, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +2348095914562 You are advised to contact him with the information's as stated below: Your full Name.. Your Address:..... Home/Cell Phone:........ Preferred Payment Method (ATM / Cashier Check) Upon receipt of payment the delivery officer will ensure that your package is sent within 24 working hours. Because we are so sure of everything we are giving you a 100% money back guarantee if you do not receive payment/package within the next 24hrs after you have made the payment for shipping. Yours sincerely, Miss Linda Robison FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE WASHINGTON, D.C. 20535 Note: Do disregard any email you get from any impostors or offices claiming to be in possession of your ATM CARD, you are hereby advice only to be in contact with Mr. Ben Martins of the ATM CARD CENTRE who is the rightful person to deal with in regards to your ATM CARD PAYMENT and forward any emails you get from impostors to this office so we could act upon and commence investigation.
- The FBI would not be sending an email
- The letter is not personally addressed to me
- The font used was Times New Roman 12 and 14, most companies will use a 10 font and won’t mix them. The odd mix of font styles is left as per the original email, talk about unprofessional.
- There is no physical address listed
- Anti-Terrorist And Monitory Crime Division..what is that? Your anti terrorism and watch crime?
- No punctuation in your address
- It is Washington, D.C. Not Washington Dc
- There are no hours or contact numbers listed
- If you are part of World Bank Finance Group and Interpol London Branch then why does the email claim it came from the FBI
- If the government somehow owed you money they would not call it an ATM card
- “Take note that anyone asking you for some kind of money above the usual fee is definitely a fraudsters” – a fraudsters? Use of singular and plural
- The amount of grammatical, punctuation and language errors is more than I care to count
- If you are in D.C. Why is your email address in Japan and you are telling me to contact your person in Africa?
- Your greeting refers to you as Mrs. Donna Story yet the closing says Miss Linda Robison
I am sure that if I analyzed this further I could find more errors. If anyone falls for your pathetic scam I would love to meet them; I have a bridge I want to sell.