It’s nice to get a new computer, it’s faster and runs smoother, but the problem comes in when you want to do the same things on the new computer that you always did on the old computer. One of the most popular reasons to have a computer is for email, and if you don’t configure it correctly, then you aren’t going to be able to retrieve your emails.
This article will show you how to configure your Time Warner Email in your Microsoft Outlook program or in your Thunderbird email program;
“Gather What Information You Need such as:
- Your Time Warner Cable email address.
- The password for your email account. This would have been established when you initially set up your account with Time Warner San Diego.
- The incoming mail server name, also known as the POP mail server name. This is typically pop-server. followed by the portion of your email address after the “@” sign. So if your email is email@example.com, the pop server name would be “pop-server.nyc.rr.com”
- The outgoing mail server name, also known as the SMTP mail server name. This is entered the same way as the pop server, but substitute “smtp” for “pop”. The same email address example above would use “smtp-server.nyc.rr.com”
- Port and security settings for both the POP and SMTP mail servers (outgoing mail requires authentication).Then head on over to see what they say about configureing your Outlook or Thunderbird email.